วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 3 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2557

Japanese Village in Bangkok,Thailand

Japanese village in Bangkok, Thailand


     In Thailand, There are lots of Japanese who settle down here until they have their own village.
You can find Japanese village in Bangkok, Ayutthaya, Sriracha (Chonburi) etc.

     Each Japanese village has their own identity such as;

     Japanese village in Ayutthaya, it’s due to the fact that Ayutthaya used to be capital of Thailand. When Ayutthaya was prosperous, foreigner merchants including Japanese came to Thailand for trading and there was other something special about relationship between Thailand and Japan until some Japanese needed to settle down here and set their own village in Ayutthaya. Nowadays Japanese village in Ayutthaya had become to museum foe people who interested in Ayutthaya history.











     For Japanese village in Sriracha (Chonburi), first I want to tell that Sriracha is industry area. Most factories are belonged to Japan. So, Japanese village here is full of Japanese people who their company sent them to supervise their factory in Thailand.

Convenient store in Japanese village

     For Japanese village in Bangkok, it’s set on Sukhumvit road Soi 33/1. Sukhumvit road is one of business area in Bangkok. The cost of living is pretty expensive. It’s full of workplace. For sure, there are lots of Japanese companies here. Most Japanese people who settle down here are sent from head office to supervise here too. Doing business here is more various than Sriracha’s.

     Most Japanese people who come to work here come with their family and stay here together.Some companies find accommodation for them and almost accommodations are on Sukhumvit road.




     Japanese village in Bangkok is small village. There are Japanese restaurants, Japanese bakery shop, bars, convenient store, Karaoke studio, Japanese book shops (both new and seconded-hand) and cooking school in this village.
     I usually find something to eat here because it’s near from my Japanese school.

     Japanese bakery shops here sell lots of delicious and cheap bakery.

     I can find lots of Japanese housewives carrying their baby shopping something in convenient store here.

Ramen Tei




Katsu Dong of Ramen Tei costs 230 Baht

     I sometimes have lunch or dinner in Ramen Tei, Japanese restaurant. Every time I have a meal in this restaurant I feel like I’m in Japan now.
     I used to have dinner on weekday. I found lots of Japanese people who just come back from their work have dinner here. I heard Japanese language all time I was having dinner here. I got surrounded by Japanese people. It was likely I was only one Thai here at that moment.
    The cost of food here I think it’s pretty expensive for Thais. Almost dishes cost over 200 Baht. Normally, Thai people can pay for a meal in 50 Baht from general restaurant.

Tanabata festival in Japanese village of Bangkok

     The latest time I went to Japanese village in Bangkok. It was ‘Tanabata festival day’, Japanese festival , they believe that if they write something they wish on paper and take it to bind on bamboo tree, they will succeed as they wish. This festival will be held on July 7Th.
     
     That day I found bamboo tree with lots of paper in front of Japanese bakery shop. There were some people are writing something on colored paper and some people binding paper on that bamboo tree. The moment I saw them I could remember immediately that it was ‘Tanabata festival’ so I wanted to join with them. I wrote something I wish on colored paper in Thai such as “ I want to get a good job”. Hmm, Now I’m wondering myself why I didn’t write in Japanese.     


    For me, this place makes me feel different from other place. I find something adorable here such as Japanese livelihood. They look friendly, humble and polite except they are drunk.