วันอาทิตย์ที่ 15 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2557

Studying Japanese in Thailand


 I’m studying Japanese at School of language & culture ,Technology Promotion Association (Thailand-Japan). The reason I’m studying is I’m interested in Japanese culture.

I dream that I’ll be able to go to Japan and stay there for long term. Every time I study Japanese , I feel very happy. It’s hard but very fun.

This article I’d like to tell everyone about studying Japanese in Thailand.

In Thailand, Japanese is filled in the curriculum of Thai high school but not every high school’s student must study.
In Thai high school, student must choose their own major such as Science-Math , English-Math ,English-French ,English-German or English-Japanese.
Many students are interested in major of English-Japanese especially girls.
I’m interested too but unlucky. There is no major of English-Japanese at my old school.

Moreover, Japanese is filled in curriculum of faculty of Arts.
Lots of Art’s students try to get Japanese as their major. And certainly It’s so high competitive because not every student can choose Japanese as their major.
When they are freshman, every student who want to be Japanese major’s student can study basic Japanese at university.
If they get good grade, they will get opportunity to be Japanese major’s student.

For me , I didn’t study at faculty of Arts. But it’s not my problem because there are lots of schools of language that teach Japanese in Thailand.



I’ve been taking Japanese course for 1 year. I think my school is great because the course fee is cheap and the teacher teaches very well. It has got some course for teaching Thai to Japanese as well.

Minna no nihongo



The Japanese course books we’re studying are ‘Minna No Nihongo’ or English name is ‘Our Japanese’.
We need to study 4 books for understanding basic Japanese



The book for practicing Japanese alphabet writing.



First, We study Japanese alphabet writing ,Hiragana and Katagana for to be able to read ‘Minna No Nihongo’.

Actually there is other one alphabet that Japanese use is ‘KanJi’ but it has a lot. I think more than 1,000.

We need to study ‘Kanji’ gradually.
The book for practicing Kanji writing



I think ‘Kanji’ is hard for me. It’s hard for remembering. And it makes me confused a lot.
Kanji looks same Chinese alphabet because Japan got any Chinese culture at ancient times.

So for Chinese, Kanji is easy for them.

At my school, the first beginner course has lots of students. Many courses are full.

But, after that course the students are getting less because the next Japanese course is getting harder.
Many students fee discourage and give it up.
That’s why some courses can’t be opened because student is less and It’s not enough to open course.

For me I still feel happy with it and want to continue to study Japanese in Japan if I have a chance.